Functional Vocational Training and Research Society (FVTRS) is a Bangalore based funding agency that works exclusively for the skill development of the underprivileged youth to make them employable. It organises funding support to NGOs for vocational skill training all over the country. More information about FVTRS and application format please visit our website: www. fvtrs.org
Name of the position: Programme officers
This position emphasis on engaging with FVTRS in carrying out, expanding and diversifying the scope of various functions of FVTRS in project management, capacity building, research and documentation and public relations. The individual staff while focussing on one of the abovearea will also have to engage in other functions also.
Capacity Building and partnership management
- Establish and maintain fairly good relationship with programme partners.
- Partners are assisted for organisational development and programme development.
- Identify capacity building requirements of the partners and facilitate them.
- Undertake capacity building programmes for other stake holders on behalf of FVTRS.
- Facilitate useful and effective networking with organisation, agencies, departments and partners.
- Ensure that partners are implementing the projects according to the standards of FVTRS in time with quality
- Conduct Partner assessments, programme monitoring, programme assessment and reporting are done in time with quality.
- Ensure partner reporting on time
- Review the partner reports and provide constructive feed backs to them
Research, Development and documentation
- Maintain the project database of the assigned regions updated.
- Assist the management in reporting to the back donors in time by submitting the consolidated report.
- Documentation of the activities and events for which one is responsible and those which are assigned to time to time.
- Identify researchable themes and associate withsuch researches effectively
- Assist other sections whenever needed
- Assist the FVTRS in proposal development and resource mobilisation
- Engage in Image building of FVTRS and promotional measures
Required Skills and Knowledge
Educational qualifications. Master’s degree in subjects related to humanities.
Experience: Minimum three years in the above areas. Preference for those who have multipleexperiences of the above areas and skill development programme.
Age: Should have completed 25 years as on 31st of January 2017 and below 40 years.
Skills and knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the Indian socio-economic and political situationand various development and social perspectives and trends specially related to skill training, entrepreneurship and life skills
- Good knowledge on project management (Planning, monitoring, assessment and documentation)
- Ability to make a good social analysis
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Hindi and at least one South Indian languages with strong presentation skills.
- Ready to travel extensively even in difficult situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- A self-starter, result driven and innovative team player with ability to inspire others.
- Proficiency in use of computer applications.
Compensation: A gross CTC of minimum Rs. 3,60,000/- per year and also entitled for additional allowances as per HR policy of the organisation.
Please send the applications in the prescribed format as word document to firstname.lastname@example.org only on or before 1st March 2017. The subject line of the mail with application shall be indicated as “Application for the post of Programme officer”. Applications which are not in the format will not be considered. Kindly do not send any attachments. The application should not be more than four pages. No phone call will be entertained. Only the short-listed candidates will be informed about the interview which is scheduled for 16/03/2017 in Bangalore.
FVTRS is an equal opportunity employer.